Monday, January 31, 2011

SAG Awards: The Good

So many award shows, so little time. I couldn't really care less about the awards themselves but the beauty and fashion draw me in every time. The SAG awards are lumped in the middle of the season but provide the stars with an opportunity to see and be seen. I'm truly stunned by some of the looks from last nights show. First and foremost I'm in love with all the different looks we've seen. So take a peek at the rainbow hues seen on the red carpet.

White reigned supreme in my eyes with Amy Adams and Lea Michele two of the best looks of the night. Amy's second skin Herve Leroux highlighted her post-baby figure, offset by her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair pulled into a chic pony. I loved Lea's shimmering Oscar de la Renta and simple makeup. She's not a traditional beauty but I love her ombre highlights, shorter cut and hello! can you say sexy cleavage? It's a very grown up look for a star of a TV show aimed at teens. Also wearing white was the Office's Mindy Kaling and her Grecian Tadashi Shoji dress with metallic belt really makes the most of her beautiful curves. How amazing does the color look with her dark skin?

I know many people will disagree with me but I loved Angie Harmon's pink feathered Monique Lhuillier confection. Yes, it's not exactly age appropriate but it was fun and she truly loved the gown, you could just tell. If you can't have fun with your look you're living a boring life. Also clad in pink was Glee's Heather Morris in Romona Keveza. The strapless cut paired with her blue eyes and blonde hair made her look like the quintessential California girl.

Julianna Margulies, Mila Kunis and Sarah Hyland rocked fiery hues to compete with the red carpet. Julianna's scarlet YSL strapless was simple and sophisticated and looked comfortable to wear. Mila's Alexander McQueen offset her beautiful coffee colored hair and delicate collarbone. I loved seeing her take the fashion risk. Modern Family's Sarah Hyland rocked a strapless orange Max Mara Elegante dress, the simple cut and bright color making it entirely age appropriate. The apricot blush looks fabulous on her skintone and I can only hope we can look forward to that gorgeous shade this summer.

Rocking always wearable shades of blue were three of my other favorites of the night Claire Danes in floral Louis Vuitton, Sofia Vergara in cobalt Roberto Cavalli and Julia Stiles in ombre Monique Lhuillier. All of these ladies looked amazing however, I can't say I would have chosen that belt if I were Claire Danes but she more than makes up for it with that fab bright pink lip. I can't wait to wear that color come spring (not that I'm a stickler for the rules, day is night, spring is winter, whatever goes for me). Jenna Fischer's baby blue Fendi looked glorious with her sporty chic pony, long sideswept layers framing her gorgeous face. I love the style and color of her hair.

My favorite color was severely under-appreciated on the red carpet, where's all the purple at? Kim Kardashian (sans her usual hair extensions and fake lashes) rocked a gorgeous purple Marchesa at the award show. I've heard a lot of chatter about the look not flattering her figure but I think she looks amazing and it's nice to see her in something a little less fitted. Louise Roe wore a gorgeous floral Tadashi Shoji, the pattern making her standout in a sea of single color frocks. And, last but not least, Susan Sarandon looked gorgeous and age appropriate off the shoulder eggplant Nicole Miller. This is how a middle aged woman "should" look and if you're going to play by the rules this is the way to do it. Lucky for me, I can appreciate the rule followers as well as the rule breakers.

What looks rocked your world on the red carpet? If you were to wear any of these dresses which would you pick? If I had the figure of any of these women I'd wear Lea's Oscar de la Renta, show off the cleavage and shine on the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment