Thursday, January 6, 2011

Estee Lauder Spring 2011

Woohoo. I wish I could say that it was spring already but it's not, it's barely even winter in my neck of the woods. I fear we have a long, long way to go. Fear not, something to tide you over.

I never know what to think of collections until I check out swatches and easily the best place to find those is Karlasugar.net. Since we have similar skintones I can really tell how the products will look on me. I'm really sorry I missed out on Blue Dahlia and Surreal Violet but it's not too late to check out Wild Violet.

Wild Violet is a little deceiving for the name. Personally, I pictured more purple shades instead of just the one but it is gorgeous. The rest of the colors in the palette are neutrals so the next question is how many ways can you wear this? Put a little purple in the crease or along the lashline, a neutral eye look that can easily transition from day to night, a sexy cats eye liner.

In this collection there's also a single called Untamed Violet as well as a DoubleWear eye pencil with the same name. The DoubleWear pencil formula is great with an almost gel like finish and the blue based purple Untamed Violet would look amazing with eyes of all colors, I especially love purple with brown or green eyes.

While, at $42, it's a little out of my price range I really do feel like you're getting your moneys worth with this one especially if you wear a lot of neutrals. If you buy it, or see it in person, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment