Saturday, March 12, 2011

Samy Fat Foam & L'Oreal Sublime Mousse Hair Color

I'm a haircolor junkie who's lazy if that makes any sense. I've been a redhead since I was 18, since before I met my man, in fact, he's never seen me with my natural hair color. Right now I've decided to grow it out since it's impossible for me to color over the red on my own (hello! I colored it black {big mistake, btw} and I still had red tips). Of course, less than a year into this process I found my first gray hair but it looks like a fluke because I haven't found another. Phew! Now I'm ready to color my hair a shade closer to my natural color and add caramel highlights, a good way to grow out the roots without losing all my length. I've already chopped off 6 inches, I can't bear to part with more of it.

I've been curious about mousse haircolor for a while, since I saw Fat Foam at Walmart six months or so ago. However, I didn't see any red colors that would work for me (there are 18 shades) so I passed. Then there's L'Oreal Sublime Mousse. This line comes in 12 shades, all very natural and hard to go wrong. I do believe these would be amazing for anyone who is scared to color their hair on their own, all you do is rub it in and work it through the hair, it's foolproof. L'Oreal even claims on the box it's as easy as shampooing.

When coloring your hair stick with 1-2 shades lighter or darker than your own haircolor, goofs are much harder to notice this way and you won't end up with an unnatural color for your skintone. Once you become more experience you can try for different shades.

I can't wait to grow the red out of my hair, I really can't. I have visions of gowing lighter and lighter until I'm blonde, trying all the colors along the way and deciding where I'd like to stay for a while. My hair is naturally dark brown but with my fair skintone I would love to see what I'd look like with dark blonde hair or even light brown highlighted hair. We'll see. I'll be sure to update you on my color when my lazy butt gets around to coloring and highlighting my hair. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment