Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beauty Girl's Secrets: Week 2: Aspirin Mask

Phew! Week 1's confession was all in good fun. It's time to get serious. (If you haven't read week one, check it out here: to see what the heck I'm talking about).

Week 2's is a little more conventional and after I gave it a shot I wondered why I'd never done it before. Pretty much every beauty blogger and makeup junkie knows about the Aspirin mask but it bears repeating, just in case you aren't in the know.

It's simple. Take an Aspirin (I use the cheapest I can find at the drugstore, uncoated, about 99 cents for 50 pills) and crush it up in your hand. Add a drop of water, or if you need extra hydration I've heard of people using Argan Oil. Mix those two up until you have a semi-dry paste and apply to your face. DO NOT RUB just dab it on avoiding the eyes and any sensitive areas. The acids in the Aspirin go to work exfoliating your face, the same salycilic acid we pay for in our products in it's closer to nature form in the pain reliever. After 5 minutes (less if you're in a hurry) rinse off. Trust me, you will not be able to believe how soft and smooth your skin is, you won't be able to keep your hands off. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

This mask is perfect for use a couple times a week for 5 minutes or even daily if you keep application time to a minute or so. You'll wonder why you never did it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment