Monday, December 20, 2010

Rimmel The Maxx Volume Flash Mascara

It's that time again- Mascara Monday. Woohoo. Excited? I know I am!

This time Mascara Monday is brought to you by Rimmel London! I've tried a lot of Rimmel products and their mascaras in particular. I love, love, love the length their Lycra Lash Extender mascara gives my lashes, there is nothing like it out there.

Today though, I'm reviewing the Maxx Volume Flash, the one in the pink tube if you're anything like me and catagorize them that way. LashBlast is the orange tube etc.

I don't hate this mascara, I'm not mad at it, I just didn't go crazy for it either. First of all with all the advancements in the way of brushes this one is nothing special, just a plain ol' spooly applicator, not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just not enough for me anymore, ya know? The brush grabs entirely too much mascara and there's so much that I have to scrape off that the tube's edge is already full of leftovers before I'm done wiping. For that reason it can be clump city if you're not careful. It's not the mascara's fault, blame the brush.

What I do love about this mascara is that it's a wet formula. You either know what I mean or you don't but some mascaras have a drier texture and appear matte on the lash while others appear like patent leather on. This one is the latter. I love that. I got a lot of volume once combed out and length and curl were excellent as well. I'd love to see this formula with a rubbery comb-style wand, see what that can do for you, just not one of those flimsy combs that bends in half when you try to put it back in the tube *ahem Maybelline*.

Any mascaras you're wondering about that you haven't tried out yet? Let me know, I just might have them in my stash for review for Mascara Monday and I can speed up the process.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, you're not mad at it. I like that.

    ReplyDelete