Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kat Von D Adora


She-Ra, She-Ra! You know you love her. If you're a child of the 80s (or you have a friend or family member who is) you've surely heard of She-Ra aka Adora, twin sister of Adam aka He-Man. "I'm Adora!" She's what I think about each time I read about Kat Von D's new fragrance.

I love Kat Von D. I love that she's not afraid to be herself, tattoos, sketchy boyfriends and all. My heart goes out to her after I heard the rumors that her house burned down with her kitty inside (that must be so horrible, I couldn't imagine losing my house and my pet). Nikki Sixx and Jesse James aside, I think the girl has incredible taste. Her makeup line for Sephora is great, very different and innovative without being too different to be marketable. People seem to love it and I can't wait to test out some products when I get a chance.

Adora is her newest fragrance. I love Saint and though Sinner wasn't for me (I found that it smelled like Old Spice on my skin) I think it smells great on a more Earthy woman. I got a sample of Adora with my recent Sephora.com order and I really like it, something about it reminds me of Bvlgari's Red Tea scent which I love, not just because I love the tea either.

Sephora lists it as a floral, which, to be technical I guess it is, but I'd never put it in that category. It's very earthy with a patchouli woodsy base, thyme mixed with florals and fruits for the top and middle notes. I think it would make a great everyday, not overpowering, perfect for the office or errands, scent.

The roller ball is only $16 and I really want to pick it up when I finally make it through my perfume sample bag and get back to wearing the ones I own and love.

Has anyone tried any Kat Von D cosmetics or fragrances? I'd love to hear what you think. Plus, I'd love to hear what you think about this controversial woman. Let's gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment