Thursday, December 9, 2010

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

I've made it my mission to test every *affordable* makeup remover wipe on the market. I love these things. I am perhaps the laziest chick on the planet (not to mention my sink is covered with beauty products, towels, discarded clothes and the water takes an hour to get hot) and I rely on these babies every single night. I know it's not the best for my skin but it's better than nothing and that's exactly what I would do if I didn't have these suckers.

I've filled the top drawer of my bedside table with makeup remover wipes, all brands and price points (as long as they are semi-affordable). They run the gamut from Equate, the Wal-Mart name brand, to Philosophy and everywhere in between. First, I'd like to share the results from Philosophy.

Purity Made Simple is the cleanser I use currently. I use so little of it, and it's so concentrated, that I've had it for a while. I already have my next pick lined up and waiting, Bliss Fabulous Foaming Cleanser. I had high hopes for this one because of the greatness of other Purity products. Please keep in mind I only had one sample to try out, however it didn't hinder the results.

These wipes are not the best I've ever used but they are not the worst either (that honor would go to the Neutrogena ones that smell like lavender, those were the product that helped me realize I was allergic to lavender). The size is great. These are a little bigger than your standard wipe. They had the same scent as the other Purity products which is a scent I don't happen to love. Many of the other wipes have scents that I do love and therefore get a higher rating in my book. I'm a sucker for things that smell good, even if they don't work quite as well as their less desirably smelling counterparts.

I found that these wipes stung my face a little and I don't usually have a problem with any other wipe. It wasn't a harsh stinging, not uncomfortable but noticeable. They also left my face a little drier than I would have liked. A lot of makeup wipes leave my face so soft and hydrated that I don't need to use moisturizer after using them, these did not. My face was rough with dry spots. Now, I can't say for sure if these wipes caused it or only helped me notice it and my guess would be that they just cleaned so well I had to make a slight trade off.

All in all these are an okay product. For the price I would choose something else as these are the higher end of the budget. If you love the Purity Made Simple scent and have oily or combination, heck, even normal skin you may just love these. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment