Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Foundation

First off, let me introduce my new series of posts: My Makeup Bag. This series is featuring products I use from my own stash and just have to share with you. Now some of these items obviously aren't going to be the newest thing on the market and since I wanted to actually be able to share reviews instead of just telling you about something I covet I thought this was the way to go. Hope you enjoy.


First up: Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Foundation. Personally I love this stuff. The way it looks, the way it feels on my face, the color, I can't get enough of it. I had it in my stash for a while but somehow it got forgotten as I tried new foundations. The color is 010, the lightest shade available and it works really well for me, I could conceive of going a shade darker which is pretty much unheard of for my fair skin. It's pretty full coverage, I'd say higher medium coverage, exactly what I need when my skin is in the transitional phase.

A lot of people have mentioned the "oil" that seeps out when you first squeeze the tube, don't be alarmed, it's not going to leave you a greasy mess or break you out, in fact I don't notice it at all. Sure there's a little bit there but I wipe it off my hand before squeezing more foundation out onto my fingers. The package claims a soft matte finish and I'd say that's the perfect way to word it. My skin is the perfect canvas for adding shimmer via highlighter or sparkly blush. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores to speak of.

I've found that this foundation works well alone or with primer or moisturizer, neither seem to make a difference. As I've said before during the winter months I like to use cream foundation, this mousse however is incredibly moisturizing without being greasy at all, I could wear it year round. With this I can skip moisturizer and it has SPF 20 for a little coverage on the face.

Another thing I like is the sleek packaging and clear slot to show you the color of the product before you buy it. How convenient! Then there's the clear expiration date stamped on the top of the tube, you can't go wrong with that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi jaime I ve been looking for a review of the same.
    am an Indian girl with dusky complexion. my skin turns super oily during summers. I wish a soft powdery matte effect on my skin
    is this the one for you ?
    how long does this foundation mattify the skin.
    am a person who doesnt like touch ups with compact . does this one stay long say 8 hours ?
    help[ appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sumi,

    I just saw your comment, so sorry I didn't respond earlier. I wouldn't say this one would last for 8 hours, more like 4-5. I highly recommend using a mattifying primer under it to get better lasting coverage. There are many on the market at great prices.

    ReplyDelete