Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bare Escentuals Catalog


By now you all know how much I love the Bare Escentuals Buxom line- The glosses, the shadows, even the mascara. Now I thought I'd share with you a list of the other Bare Escentuals items I've been dying to try. If you've tried 'em, let me know how you like 'em.

I'll admit I have multiple samples of BareMinerals Foundation, a couple different shades, matte and original, I just haven't had the time or inclination (or nearly perfect skin) to try them for a week or two and report back. I will, someday I will.

With that being said, I'm super interested in the SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen. It comes in 3 shades although, frustratingly, I'm almost positive the lightest will be too dark for my porcelain complexion. It's all housed in a built-in brush applicator and I haven't had good luck with those in the past. They seem like such a good idea but they never work properly for me.

There's also the Skin Revival Treatment for Nighttime. Ok, first of all, if it's for night use why the hell is it colored? Duh. I'm pretty sure it's only listed as a night product because it does not contain sunscreen and is not for use under makeup. The powder is housed in a sponge top applicator and like the brushes I have a hard time with these. The product claims to "promote faster cell turnover, reduce pore size, minimize fine lines, gently exfoliate and increase skin luminosity." Wow. Talk about a multi-tasker. I have to try it just to see if it lives up to any or all of it's promises.

Multitasking concealer is a must have if I were to ever commit to using BareMinerals on a daily basis. If you're anything like me mineral foundation isn't going to hide all your flaws, breakouts, past sundamage, bluish dark circles. I'd love to try the concealer with the foundation. I need to hook myself up with a sample.

The Tutorials Kits are adorable and would make amazing gifts. I'm really loving the look of The Foiled Eye Kit. How gorgeous is that look? These would be perfect for someone who's just learning makeup application or anyone who needs more instruction.

I'm not a huge lipstick girl but I love trying them out anyway. I hope to one day venture out of the house with a more intense (read: not sheer) lippie. I adore the French Pastry shade of 100% Natural Lipcolor. In swatches it looks like the perfect peach for me, not too warm to be unwearble on my cool complexion and not frosty like some other light peaches.

The 100% Natural Lipglosses are also on my radar. Who doesn't love natural items. Just the Buxom glosses I own could keep my lips glossy until I die, I'm not sure why I am lemming these so hard. *Sigh*

But what I'm most excited about trying from the line are the High Shine Eyecolors. I'm a huge fan of shimmer and shine on the eyes and these scream to me to try them out. They come with a "quick draw" wand, whatever the heck that means. I'm sold. These will be my next BE purchase for sure.

While we're at it why don't I mention the items I'm going to pass on from the line. I'm HUGELY against loose powder. I'm a carry around my makeup bag kinda girl, I take it in my purse, it's where I keep my eyedrops, tweezers and Chapstick, stuff like that. I can't carry around loose products. They ALWAYS spill. They have some amazing blushes/face colors and eyeshadows but I just can't do it. Maybe small samples that I swap for on Makeup Alley, I love those and have plenty of jars to acquire more.

The Big & Bright liners also look like they could be fabulous for someone who enjoys mechanical eyeliners, I just don't for some reason. IDK. Plus, I'd really like some brighter, more intense colors.

The line is great and I've loved everything I've tried so far with the exception of the only perfume I sampled from the line, Bare Skin just didn't work on me. I found it too powdery on my skin but I think I'm the only weirdo who thought so, everyone else seems to love it.

What are some of your favorite Bare Escentuals products? Do you think I should bite the bullet and just try the lip and cheek colors even though they are my nemesis loose powder? What about the products I want to try, if you've given them a go I simply must know how you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment