Friday, January 21, 2011

Golden Globe Fashion: The Good

Woohoo, the day we've all been waiting for! Golden Globe fashion, read all about it! Today's fashions are brought to you by the letter G. G is for good!

Angelina Jolie- Wow, what a goddess in green. I've never seen her look quite so beautiful, truly stunning in this Atelier Versace dress. I hope she keeps up with the colorful frocks!

Also in a stunning green gown, Catherine Zeta Jones in Monique Lhullier. Wow. This is a showstopper for sure. I love the texture and the intricate folds.

Speaking of showstopping, did you see Claire Danes? Her bright pink Calvin Klein dress was divine. The pleating at the neckline and the high waist look beautiful on her figure.

Divine figures (can you see what I'm doing here?) bring to mind Eva Longoria's amazing black Zac Posen gown. Her figure is to die for to begin with but this just makes her look like a supermodel, tall, thin, curves in all the right places. They say the best revenge is looking hot! I'd have to agree.

No supermodel's resume would be complete without a nude pictorial or two, Glee's Dianna Agron takes it a step in the less-controversial direction with a nude gown on the red carpet (didn't know how I was going to rectify that did ya?). This number was out of this world gorgeous and the jewels definitely set off her perfect face.

When I think of perfect faces I think of the way Megan Fox's used to look. Oops, there's the snarky I knew I couldn't promise to keep at bay today. Megan's Armani Prive dress was divine, the color, the detailing, the slit. I think it would look better on a fuller figure, even her face looks too thin now, it's a shame.

Megan could look to Mila Kunis for a little inspiration, figure wise. Mila's Vera Wang gown accentuated her slim arms and curvy hips. It's all in the details and the pleats and draping on this dress bring it to the next level.

Details conjure up images of sparkles for me and Olivia Wilde's Marchesa gown is the queen of all sparklers. I'd be terrified of leaving a trail of rhinestones or snagging the dress on the furniture. While I would have loved to see this with a different hairstyle, I do love the way it looks like a starry night sky.

What do you think of this years Golden Globe fashions? Are you as impressed as I am?

Full Disclosure: This post was written in April 2011 and posted as reference for myself and my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment