Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Globes Hair: The Good

There's no beauty looks without the hair! While most of us can't afford the dresses we can recreate the best of the hairstyles in our regular lives. With an influx of loose and relaxed hairstyles even the most casual chicas can rock any of these looks.

While I'm pretty regularly seen in a messy bun or loose curls I'm always on the lookout for hair inspiration and Anne Hathaway definitely is it. I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to it but I've had a box of highlights from Christmas that I'm dying to use to spice up my hair. I want to add some caramel highlights and then straighten my hair with lots of volume like Anne. I'm so jealous. Now I know it's likely she's got some help from extensions but with my thick hair maybe I can recreate the look at home. Overall, I think her whole look was flawless!

Got a formal occasion coming up? A wedding, prom or even just a sexy Valentine's day date? Consider rocking January Jones retro 'do. This style looks amazing on her and lends a simple elegance to her otherwise racy look.
Jennifer Lopez also went retro with a half pinned back style. While I didn't like her makeup I think that her hair was amazing. Again her highlights make me want to do my own, although I have a feeling that will be a spring project for me.

Another retro look I adored was Dianna Agron's blonde waves pinned back on one side. It's pretty and completely complimented her dress and makeup. Dianna is such a gorgeous girl and although I haven't see her in Glee, I can't wait to see her in new projects.

Another Glee Girl, Jenna Ushkowitz, rocked a wavy look on the red carpet. I love her lush shiny locks and this style in particular is very flattering with her features. This is how red carpet hair should look.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but I love Jennifer Love Hewitt and her hair is extremely JLH to me, a high bun. If my face was as flawless as that I'd wear my hair like that on a daily basis. I like the apparent simplicity of it even though I'm sure it took hours to create.

Julia Style's faux (I think!) bob is adorable. I love the waves, the baby blonde hightlights, the tuck behind one ear (I'm seeing a pattern here)! So gorg!

Lea Michelle looks the best she's ever looked. I really like the way her hair offsets her features. Side swept seems to be the look of the night. I like the undone quality of the whole look. It's polished but not stiff, the best look when it comes to updos.

How could I almost forget Sandra Bullock? While I have a feeling they're clip in I dig the bangs on her. It's not my favorite look of hers but it's definitely cute for a nice change. I think it looks good with the stick straight hair and she really changed it up, something Sandy rarely does. Freakin' Fantastic if you ask me!
As always, I'd love your opinions!

Full Disclosure: This post was written in April 2011 as a reference for myself and my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment