Monday, November 21, 2011

American Music Awards 2011: The Good

Hey guys! I promise I'm not dead. I've got a few minutes and since I couldn't keep myself away from American Music Awards photos I thought I'd share the fashion and beauty with you today. Tomorrow look forward to Mr. Dudesday's post on the topic and then check back Wednesday and Thursday for The Bad and The Ugly. I'll be focusing a lot on the makeup and hair in these photos.


The obvious winner of the night to me in the fashion department is Vanessa Minnillo, Mrs. Nick Lachey. She looks amazing in this white dress and I'm totally digging her darker hair. I think this is the best I've ever seen her look. Her legs look insane and the cool neckline accentuates her beautiful face.


Another great look is Hilary Scott from Lady Antebellum. The dress is flattering on her curvy figure and her hair looks great down on her shoulders. It's whimsical and cute without being ironic ala Katy Perry. Her makeup is pretty and sweet to complement her dress.


This next one is a little of both good and bad. I just adore Heidi's dress, white with a metallic silver "lacy" overlay. I think it is gorgeous without being over the top or too dressy for the event. However, I'm not a huge fan of her hair in these shots. Don't get me wrong, I love the texture but I think I'd like it more if it was tucked behind the ears, at least on one side.


I feel the same way about Jennifer Hudson that I do about Heidi. While I freakin' love her metallic dress I have to say that I'm not a fan of her hair and makeup and I miss her curves. It's great that Jennifer got in better shape, I would never criticize her for that but I think she went a little too far. Her face looks gaunt. I don't particularly like her bright pink lipstick or her oddly highlighted and straightened hair.


Another Jennifer worth mention is Jennifer Morrison. She's the reverse of JHud, I really love her hair and fresh makeup but I'm not sure how I feel about the dress. It's pretty, I love the retro 70s style peasant dress. I think that it looks very comfortable and I like the color and adornment but I don't think I'm completely sold on the hemline. What do you ladies think?


I'm just going to come right out and say it, I much prefer Taylor Swift's hair straight. Her wave pattern is odd to say the least and her hair always looks poufy and fake like a wig. I think she needs to use a more natural texture and avoid the curling iron. This look makes her look a lot more sophisticated and more age appropriate. I can't get over how much she looks like Nicole Kidman here. I absolutely love her earrings and her simple makeup.


Yet another Jenny, Jenny McCarthy looks FABULOUS in this gorgeous purple retro inspired dress and beauty. I love the color, period, and I think it looks amazing on her creamy skin. Her retro wave hairstyle is gorgeous and the makeup only complements the look. I can safely say she's never looked this amazing. I love the dark lip, I wish I had the balls to do that myself.


Selena Gomez has been continuing to look great on the red carpet. I think she has figured out what works for her and keeps reaching for it over and over. She's been seen many times in pale colors, showing a little bit of leg via a slit and a slinky material. I love the fringe detail on the hemline of the dress and her soft apricot lipgloss. Her hair is gorgeous and glossy and the waves are a perfect look to go with the dress.

What do you think? Anything you disagree with? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment