Friday, November 25, 2011

American Music Awards 2011: The Ugly

Sorry it's a day late but I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday if you live in the US or a nice Thursday if you don't. You didn't think I forgot about The Ugly did you?


There isn't much that I can say that is nice about this dress. I'm not a hater but what is redeeming about this Ugly frock? I'm not a fan of the handkerchief hemline and never have been and I don't enjoy the rosettes on the front of the bodice. I don't like the look of the shoes, they seem comfy but not necessarily sexy. I hope Cheryl redeems herself next time.


Julie Bowen's dress doesn't horribly offend me, if I saw it on a soccer mom at a holiday party I wouldn't think twice. I just don't think this look works for the red carpet, now matter how casual the event. Yes, I know it's sequined but the stripes make it more sporty and the high pony only adds to that effect. The Loubies are sexy but I personally would have gone for navy or metallic to bring out those shades in the dress.


If you're anything like me you're wondering who the f*@! this person is. Well, it's Kimberly Perry from the country group Band Perry. Yeah, that doesn't clear things up for me either. I never listen to the radio and certainly not country, Sorry! Either way I have to say I'm not a fan of this dress. If I didn't like it on my darling Emma Stone I'm not going to enjoy it on anyone. The hair doesn't work, neither does the bag but I love, love, love the gold and black shoes. I'd wear those with a cuter dress. Next!


I know, I know, Nicki's going for a look I just don't like it. The top of the dress is fine, not great but okay, it's the bottom that I don't like. I don't like the pickups as they are called or the shade of green that was chosen, especially not with pastel pink hair. Plus, if she's wearing a wig (which she always does) why the hell is it not perfection? Again, I love the heels in this one and I adore the eye makeup but perhaps it would be better paired with either a nude lip or a natural haircolor, not bright pink both.

Are we in agreement? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment