Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dudesday Tuesday: American Music Awards

I've been asked to do my own take on the good, bad and ugly of the AMA's. Unfortunately I don't have TV so I won't see the awards unless I download them but judging from what I've read, I won't bother. So I looked at all the pictures Mrs. D.O.C. scrounged up and sadly I was not very impressed. I get it, the AMA's are not the Grammy's but what's with all the horrible outfits?


So we'll start with the ugly, the outfits so bad they couldn't be saved by a simple color swap or better hairdo. I would say Nicki Minaj but that'd just be too easy, she always looks awful. I will say that she has a pretty smile though. So I'm going to give the ugly rating to Jennifer Morrison. Now she actually looks pretty here, love her hair and makeup but that dress is just no. No, what was she thinking? The sleeves are god awful. The bead work looks like it belongs on a fancy napkin. And the shape of it looks almost like she's wearing a table cloth. I can't see any way to salvage this outfit which is a shame because she looks very pretty other than that.


The bad goes to Selena Gomez. Her dress isn't awful, I think I get where they were going with it, but it just doesn't work for me. The dress looks too big for her. I get that she's young but that slit on the leg should be a lot higher, not so we can see more skin but because it throws the whole outfit off. It seems like it was designed for a full figured woman to wear but was given to Selena instead. A few minor variations could have easily put her into the best dressed category at least in my eyes. I'm not a big fan of the hair but her makeup is gorgeous and she carried herself very well without looking the least bit slutty.


And the best dressed of the evening has to go to Vanessa Minillo. The dress is just hot, what can I say. I personally prefer her hair a little lighter but despite the color, it's beautiful, her makeup is excellent, good body, not a fan of the shoes but oh well, they work with the dress. I love the one strap thingy that goes around her neck, very elegant. She won by a landslide but there were a few I have to give honorable mentions to, Audrina Patridge and I never thought I'd say it but Taylor Swift.


I rarely find her attractive but her straight hair looks really good and although I don't particularly like the dress, it looks great on her. And those were the only three I saw that I thought actually deserved to be in the good category. The rest of the ladies really needed to step their game up but this is just the beginning to the awards season.

No comments:

Post a Comment