Saturday, November 20, 2010

Buxom Love

Wow! Sephora, I'm really beginning to hate you!

Today, I visited the sight again (I know, I know, I should just stay away if I don't want to be tempted, but it's too damn hard) and I fell in love. With a Saint Bernard. I know what you're thinking but follow along on my puppy loving journey.

I stumbled upon Bare Escentuals Buxom Stay-There Shadows when the default picture immediately caught my eye, teal, my favorite color. I cannot resist teal anything, tops, shoes, bags, and especially eye shadows and liners. Take a look at this...



After reading the reviews for these beauties I was even more intrigued. How could I say no to that? These shadows are a Sephora exclusive and with no Sephora within shopping distance of me (huge bummer, I know) I can't check them out in person. They're cream formulas which I've only had touch and go success with (Love Bobbi Brown's, so-so on Stila). They're all named after dog breeds, which is where the Saint Bernard comes in, a gorgeous teal green. I MUST have it.

Bare Escentuals will make a charitable donation to Canine Companions for Independence, a non-profit that provides disabled people with assistance dogs. What a wonderful charity! Another great reason to pick up this product.

For $17 you are getting a fairly small pot but the reviews speak for themselves, the best cream shadow users have ever tried, great sponge-y like consistency, most vibrant, etc. I can't live without these in my life. I'm going to have to spring for Saint Bernard, Pug (a pewter shimmer), Bull Dog (deep blue), Schnauzer (royal purple), and Chihuahua (silver). Can you tell I love bright, cool-toned shadows? On my fair, cool skin and light eyes it's the best combination. What color would you pick up?

*Update* I sprang for Saint Bernard and I will review it as soon as I've had enough time to accurately try it out. Can't wait to see the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment