Sunday, November 14, 2010

True Religion Fragrance


I wanted to love this scent, I really did. Just look at the bottle. How pretty would that look on your vanity?

First of all, there's nothing inherently wrong with this perfume, it's nice and light, clean and crisp but it just doesn't live up to scents I know and love, namely, Ralph by Ralph Lauren. It has a fruity opening and a floral heart which, frankly, really speaks my name. I just find that the notes are perhaps a little too sharp and chemical smelling for my picky nose. I wanted something a little more soft, a little more natural. The added warmth is great and really brings the fragrance to another level but I just couldn't get past the bite of the first layer, very alcohol-y, which, I completely realize is normal, but sticking around for minutes is not. The alcohol scent should fade a lot quicker than it did with True Religion.

The 1.7oz bottle sells on Sephora.com (online only) for $59. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of this scent. Do you know it? Do you love it? Or are you like me and find the biting top notes a little too distracting to give your heart over to this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment