Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chanel Nail Polish, worth the price?


Back in middle school I was one of those girls that changed her nail polish pretty much daily. Now-a-days I'm lucky if I take it off before it chips into oblivion. Just recently I started getting into higher end nail polish, as in Orly, OPI and Zoya. My favorites so far are China Glaze and Essie for their superior range of colors and lovely wearablility. Both are pretty affordable and for the usage you get out of one bottle, you're definitely getting your money's worth. Now, if I didn't have to have every color imaginable and wore each more than once, I'd be all set.

Riva, Chanel's newest it polish is gorgeous, beyond gorgeous, and the light blue is right up my alley, but No! No! No! $27 for a nail polish? Are you kidding me Chanel? I cannot, will not, spend nearly $30 on a bottle of nail polish. Imagine the prices on Ebay when this bottle sells out in days. I cringe just thinking about it.

If you're into baby blue polish I highly recommend China Glaze's For Audrey (check it out on Ebay or swap for it on MakeupAlley or KarlaSugar.net). It's more of a Tiffany blue, hence the name. It's a gorgeous color and it's perfect for Spring, whenever that comes around again.

What do you think? Has anyone tried any of the Chanel polishes? Are they worth the money? I've heard lots of rumblings about Milani making great dupes (duplicates, for those not in the know). If anyone knows a great dupe for Riva I would love to know so I can check it out. Would you shell out the big bucks for a Limited Edition shade like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment