Monday, September 26, 2011

My Essentials Monday: Juice Beauty Moisturizers


Sometimes you just have to switch things up. A while back I got samples of Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum and Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer and I knew that a time would come where I would get around to fully trying them. Months and months ago I tried them a few times but never consistently enough to write up a review on their efficacy. Now I'm ready to change that.

You have to know that I love the serum formula. It feels so light on the skin and you can really feel it penetrating your pores. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy but I think these are my favorite types of moisturizers. They may not be as hydrating as something a little richer but they feel better on my skin. Of course during the winter they are no where near enough for me but they are my first line of defense, the first layer I put on my skin.

As far as serums go Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum is great. The texture is like a more liquidy gel. I only had a small sample of this $52 product but a little goes a long way and that 1oz bottle will last forever. It makes my skin soft and smooth without the use of parabens and synthetic dyes and fragrances, in fact it smells quite delightfully of apples and sugar. It's refreshing and cooling on my skin. I could see myself using this on its own in the summer (which I did a couple weeks ago) or under moisturizer when the weather gets warmer. It's wonderful under makeup, it doesn't pill when you add layers on top, I love that!

Then it's time to add another layer to the skin to get all the benefits. Honestly, I find Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer a little too greasy. It doesn't feel thick on the skin but I end up being shiny for days and since I have dry skin it's rare that I look shiny. I'm not sure why. I've never had this problem before. What do you think? In the future I'd probably use the serum with another hydrater over it because that doesn't seem to have the same effect on me. And just so we're clear I did this with and without the serum so it wasn't the combo but the moisturizer itself. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately for this product, it's no longer available on the Sephora website, I'm wondering if they may have discontinued it. I know that the stores do not carry the line but the website does have a few items.

Any recommendations for a moisturizer that is heavier but not pore clogging? Now that we're heading into the colder months my skin is starting to crave a little more moisture but I can't risk clogging my pores or using something irritating with age fighters in it. Any recommendations will be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment