Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fyrinnae Velvet-Gel Silca Primer Dry Skin


Primer and I are in the midst of a love affair. I only wear it for special occasions or days that I want my makeup to last all day but I still need it in my life. As a girl with dry skin I know it can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Luckily Fyrinnae's Velvet-Gel Silca Primer for Dry Skin is my new BFF. I wore it all this weekend and I have to say we're getting along great. No adverse reactions to speak of and I'll definitely let you know if that changes.

Right now I'm heading out to a concert and it seems those days are the ones that I most like wearing vibrant makeup. Primer's help to keep everything in place when the weather is warm but also keep the colors true to life and bright. This one's meant for the skin but I smoothed it over my eyelids as well and it's doing a wonderful job keeping the bright blue of MAC Freshwater bright and vibrant, the only way I'll wear blue on my lids.

If you've ever tried matte primers you'll know that they sometimes have a tendency to eat all the shimmer you apply to your face. As a chica with dry skin I like to apply shimmery blush or beauty powder all over my face to distract from any dry patches and this primer lets me do that without making me cake on the product to get any shimmer to show up. I know with one's I've tried in the past I had to give in and wear my face matte, which I honestly hate to do.

Just in case you're wondering it does appear to be different from the non-dry skin formula and I felt a slight cooling hydration upon application. I woke up the next day with slightly less dryness but it didn't stick around through my second day of product testing. I think the way it helps foundation skim over dryness, fine lines and imperfections makes it perfect for those days when I have to exfoliate but don't have time. I don't know if I can say that about some other primers that just seem to leave me feeling well, drier.

I haven't had ANY experience with other Fyrinnae products but I know so many other bloggers who love the line that I have to do more digging. They're vegan (always a plus), sell samples and make some really unique shades of shadow. Gotta do more digging into this wonderful brand. It's too bad I can't seem to find this product on their rather touchy website (the last few times I tried to go there to finish this post it wasn't there!) If you know something I don't please pass on your information.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! That's very helpful. Here it's so hot that I have to struggle to get a suitable primer :P thanks for sharing

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete