Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dudesday Tuesday: Gillette After Shave

Alright, we've discussed it before, I'm kind of a metro-sexual, albeit not a very good one. I try to keep my body hair free, particularly my stomach, chest and armpits. Shaving in the shower works fine and doesn't require anything special, however, in the summer months especially it can cause razor burn. Something about sweating after shaving just doesn't work very well with my sensitive skin.So I use the only thing that helps, Gillette's After Shave for Sensitive Skin.


The cupboard in my bathroom has two different kinds in it, one is the lotion and the other is a gel. Both work but I do prefer the gel slightly more. They smell almost the same although the gel smells a little more, well, gel-y, it has a little more of a fresh water scent to it. My face was a littler dry yesterday so I actually wore some on my face for a change, what I really love about the gel is that even hours later when I scratched my face, the smell came back. Hey, that makes my cheek kind of like a scratch n sniff sticker. It's not an overpowering scent, just a light touch of cologne. There is a version that claims to be unscented but it does still have a slight cologne smell to it.

Both after shaves work the same. I don't use them on my face very often but when my skin is overly dry I dab a little on and don't have any problems for the rest of the day. Since I don't use a blade on my face and don't shave closely anyway I don't ever need it for razor burn on my face but considering it works so well on my chest I'd assume it'd work on my face as well. And granted I haven't used very many after shaves in my day but I'm a kid of the 90's, when Macaulay Culkin slapped some on his face in Home Alone it appeared to burn like hell, mine doesn't burn. I guess that's a good thing, though I've always wanted to experience it.

So if your man gets dry flaky skin after shaving, this is the perfect product for him. And if he shaves his body, I highly recommend using this afterward. During the warm months I even use it on my armpits and barely get even the slightest burning sensation. The cologne type scent is just an added bonus.

2 comments:

  1. Nice and helpful review girl :D
    I awarded your blog with 3 awards! :D surprise surprise hihi! Please check it out here:
    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com/2011/09/time-for-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DaphYin. Dudesdays are actually written by Matt so he gets the credit on this one.

    Thanks for the blog awards! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete