Wednesday, September 21, 2011

High vs. Low: Benefit Instant Brow Pencil vs. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not always the best at brow upkeep. In fact I'm pretty bad at it. Lucky for me I have light brows that are pretty well behaved. Sometimes I'm ashamed to admit how long I go between tweezings though especially with the fabulous tweezers I have that I told you about.

Well, when I want to look polished one of the first things I do is spiff up my brows. On a daily basis I don't really do anything to them but when I want them to look good I immediately head for a brow pencil. As a dark brunette with light brows I have a lot of leeway when it comes to my brows. If you didn't know you'd probably assume that my brows were a few shades darker than they really are. When they are on the thinner side I can make them darker and you wouldn't notice. Sometimes though that's not an option and I like to look great for all occasions. Here are my high and low picks for flattering brow pencils for those of us with light brows. Both products are also available in other shades for those of you that may not fall into this camp.


First up is the high camp. While I'm not really into spending any more money than I have to I do have to say how much I love this one from Benefit. Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil in Light is exactly what the doctor ordered for me. I love the natural waxy formula that gives my brows a natural hint of color without overpowering me. This one is super natural and it's pretty damn hard to overdo it here. I also love that it comes with a spooly on the other end to help coax the brows where you want them and also remove any excess product. This product it controlled my brows through the night and I woke up with perfectly in place brows, a huge feat for me.

This one is placed in the high category for its $20 price tag but to me it's worth the price. I've never tried anything as fabulous.

Then on the lower end of the spectrum but equally great is Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel. Hazel has to be the worst name for it in the world, it does not conjure up the right image. I assure you this is a perfectly realistic light brown. This one is a little less waxy and shows up more on the skin so you have to be careful not to use too much product and give yourself a fake look. This is a truly fabulous color though and it looks amazing on my brows. Make sure to apply it in upward strokes that are the same length as your brow hairs for the most realistic look.

This one is a much more budget friendly $3.09 on Drugstore.com but might be a little harder to find in stores. Lucky for me I stocked up when I had a chance and now I have two tucked away!

No comments:

Post a Comment