Monday, September 26, 2011

My Essentials Monday Part 2: L'Oreal Skin Genesis and Garnier Skin Renew

This morning I talked about a new essential of my routine, Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum but now I wanted to share with you my regular skincare routines, the ones I've been using for a while and loving. Unfortunately the products are discontinued but I've had good luck tracking them down on Makeup Alley and at discount stores. To me they're pretty easy to find and definitely worth it in fact I already have a backup of a couple of the products.


Garnier Nutritioniste is an awesome brand that I highly recommend. They have a lot of products still in stores but my favorite, Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Serum, has been discontinued. I'm not really sure why, I love the stuff. I can't deny how good it smells, so fruity and sweet without being overpowering. I love it. Also, the texture of this product is amazing. It's a little thicker than other serums but goes on like butter. It sinks right into my skin and magically leaves me fairly matte. It leaves my skin feeling like silk and doesn't clog my pores or feel heavy. It's absolutely perfect, I don't even need to add another layer on top, it's that great. I should mention that adding another moisturizer and then makeup can be a little disastrous. I wouldn't recommend that but like I said you probably don't need to.


Another product that I can't live without is L'Oreal Skin Genesis SPF 15 Day Lotion. this one also smells like heaven but is more of a floral scent that doesn't sting my sensitive skin even in the middle of the winter. This product hydrates my skin and leaves it feeling powdery soft. I think it sinks in even faster than the Garnier and doesn't require another layer to quench my skin. It's also light enough to wear in the summer but hydrating enough for the winter. If I need a little extra moisture I just layer on something else on top with absolutely no issue.

Every Monday for the forseeable future I will be featuring my favorite products, my essentials if you will. If there's a product category you'd like to see me cover just let me know and I'll be happy to feature it just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment