Monday, October 3, 2011

DKNY Golden Delicious Million Dollar Bottle



First of all you have to watch the video above, it's the making of the million dollar bottle. That thing is glorious and insane!

Second of all it's my turn to share with you my distaste for this fragrance line. I want to love it, really I do. I love Donna Karan and DKNY but ever since the beginning of these scents something didn't sit well with me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. They are fruity (apple-y to be exact) but somehow overly synthetic to my nose. Every time I tried these perfumes I'd feel off for the rest of the day and couldn't figure out what was going on. After tons of samples and hundreds of magazine scentstrips Mr. Dudesday finally admitted that it gave him a headache one day when we were in the store. This was before I somehow developed the ability to get a headache with every scent out there that is both an EDT or stronger and lower end. DKNY fragrances aren't cheap but for some reason they give me a headache with the same frequency as Victoria's Secret and Avon scents at a much lower price point. Every single DKNY "Apple" scent hasn't worked out for me. Is it just me?

I love that there are so many incarnations of this fragrance with add-ons to the base scent. They all smell similar but not identical so you're bound to find one that is a better fit for you than others. If you don't have an overly-sensitive meanie-poophead for a nose that is. Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment