Thursday, October 20, 2011

DKNY Pure Vanilla and Verbana


I have a confession to make: I like to wear fragrance to bed. I like all of my senses to be as calm as they can be and lingering cooking smells, my neighbors chain-smoking habit and a certain someone's stinky shoes can seriously disturb my slumber. When I sleep I want something cozy and warm and I often reach for an amber or vanilla based scent when I want to drift off into La-La Land. They envelop me in a cloud of happiness and when I wake up I still smell good and my bed doesn't seem any worse for wear.

I'm always on the hunt for someone new to sleep with and this time I think I found it in DKNY's Pure. Best bedmate ever. This is a pretty powdery fragrance, normally not my favorite but perfect for slumber. It's very relaxing and the addition of vanilla just pushes it over the edge. I wouldn't mind smelling like this all the time, just sweet enough without hitting candy counter territory. Wouldn't you know it, one of the base notes is Amber, my all time favorite scent to sleep to. Here's what DKNY has to say about PURE: "Look good. Feel good. Do good. This pure new scent adds a drop of vanilla to a world that needs a moment of calm. More than a fragrance, it embraces a way of being that takes time out for the simple things, the things closest to the heart: love, joy, comfort, relationships, and community. The fragrance's top notes soar of the pure scent of vanilla. Accords of dewdrop petal, lotus flower, and Bulgarian rose harmonize with a floral heart of jasmine, freesia and lush orchid. It finishes in a cradle of warmth: white amber, creamy sandalwood."

If you're looking for something a little cleaner and greener I definitely recommend DKNY Pure A Drop of Verbana. Another confession, I have no idea what verbana is but I always love the smell of it. It's so clean and fresh and I think this would be the perfect sleepytime scent in the summer for me. It reminds me of fresh fallen rain, something I don't often smell at home but notice frequently when I'm out in nature.

Both incarnations source their main ingredient from Africa and make sure the workers are paid fairly for the product. They've also teamed up with CARE, a humanitarian organization that lends a helping hand to women in need.

DKNY Pure is perfect for lazy days at home, wrapped in a blanket on the couch watching movies or, my favorite, TV shows on Netflix. Retail price for a 1oz bottle is $45. It makes a great gift so add it to your holiday list.

No comments:

Post a Comment