Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OPI Pink of Hearts Shatter for Susan G. Komen For the Cure


I love the Rockstar Manicure. You know, to look like you've been strumming a guitar or smashing a drumset but you have better things to do like, you know, work, eat, get in your exercise, stare at Rockstars on the internet. You catch my drift. I'm not exactly a perfectionist when it comes to my nails but I just can't go all the way and sport chipped nails for the cause. No sirrey! Luckily you don't have to either. OPI brought back the shatter trend (does anyone remember CoverGirl Crackle?) and now you can get crackles in every imaginable color of the rainbow from many major brands. They look like a deconstructed nail but have the polish (haha, see what I did there?) of real manicures. You can wear this one to work and people won't think you neglected your manicure for weeks like I just did.

Now I know there are lots of girlie-girls out there and Pink of Hearts is the first pink shade of shatter. It's a really pretty mid-tone pink, not too bubble gum but not so dark that it's unbearable either. This is one of my favorite shades of pink and it looks good on everyone. You can get it anywhere you normally buy your OPI and if you're like me you'll probably be able to still find it on shelves, more metropolitan areas may require a little searching this late in the game.

OPI will donate $25,000 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for the fifth year running so let's support them in that and pick up this fun shade. I can just see the options now, over black, silver, blue, purple........

No comments:

Post a Comment