Friday, October 7, 2011

ROC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream


As a 26 year year old I've already started preventative aging practices. My 48 year old mother shunned eye cream that I tried to pass on to her because she's "not an old lady". Sigh! I, for one, want to prevent aging before it starts but if genetics are in my corner I know I'll be doing fine. Despite living with a smoker for the last 9 years my mom still has pretty amazing skin. She's got some lines but she doesn't look "old".

Retinols are the most effective products for aging and they have the added benefit of being great for acne as well. I picked up ROC's overnight retinol but found it a little too strong for every day use. If I use it every night my face starts to peel and flake although it never gets red and raw. What I started doing was layering it over Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum. I let the serum soak in for five minutes and then add a light layer of the retinol. The baby powder scent is a little much for me but it's not annoyingly strong. And I ALWAYS end up with an itchy nose about 10 minutes after I apply this stuff. What is up with that? I can still only use it every other day but most nights I forget anyway.

Over the course of my trials I've tried a few different retinol products, one from Neutrogena and one from ROC as well as prescription retinoids. Wow were those strong. I got immediate peeling and redness after just one use, I guess my skin is too sensitive. Now ROC has a new product Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream. How great is that? Retinol for sensitive skin. I can skip the extra step of adding a serum and get the full benefits of a retinol product. At $23 it's also highly affordable and available at most drugstores and mass market stores like Walmart and Target. Check it out if you wanna head off looking "old" before you're actually O-L-D!

No comments:

Post a Comment