Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stila Custom Color Blush in Coral

In the last few days I've been going through some of my makeup and I've come to the conclusion that A) a blog sale/makeup alley swapapalooza is in order and B) that I own some makeup that I love that just doesn't work for me. You know how it is. It could be too bright, too dark, too anything.

My conclusion came to me when working with a few blushes/beauty powders from MAC. They are so gorgeous that I just want to keep them but hello! they absolutely don't work for my skintone. I guess being cool toned is a little more rare (although most of my favorite bloggers are in this camp) and therefore MAC makes a lot of products that are too orange for my skin. What is a girl to do? Besides sell or swap the aforementioned items that is.


Well, my solution is easy. Pick a product that adjusts to your skintone. It's that simple. I know it sounds like a lot of baloney but really, they work! I'd like to introduce you to Stila's Custom Color Blush in Coral. It's orange in tone but with enough pink mixed in to work on both cool and warm skin. Genius! The key to making it work for you is adding color in layers. Apply just a pinch because the color is pretty pigmented and then add more if needed. As you probably know I'm extremely pale and it worked for me. Look how bright it is in the compact.

If you're more into pink you can pick up that shade too. Even though it's very bright in the pan you can wear it if you apply it properly. I swear! I love the way bright pink makes the face look alive and radiant, especially with a highlighter dabbed on the tops of the cheekbone. Way to make it through the winter looking alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment