Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick


You all know how big a fan of Buxom by Bare Escentuals I am don't you? Yeah they're right up there with Urban Decay for my favorite brand. If I had to pick two companies to wear every day for the rest of my life those would be it. I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. I love everything Buxom puts out and the Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick is no exception. That Sephora promotional picture caught my attention right away in InStyle magazine. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Even though the model and I couldn't look any more different I think I could totally rock this look and Buxom Waterproof Smoky Eye Stick is a big part of making it happen.

When Karla Sugar posted swatches of these a while back I couldn't stop fantasizing about Nunchucks, a bright metallic blue. Even though most people call them numbchucks (which I hate) the correct term is nunchucks lol. Now I think I want them all. Ice Pick was the one used in the look above and I was hoping it would be a little more blue than gray, for the look I was going for anyway.

These can be used as a liner or as a shadow and Karla says they're more blendable than my beloved 24/7 Shadow Pencils. As much as I love liner I think I might love shadow more and I usually end up using it as my liner too. The only thing that can top that is a shadow pencil or crayon like this one, I love me some of those!

This look also features Dior's shadow quint 008 Smoky Design and Make Up For Ever (MUFE)'s Smoky Lash which I featured here. At $18 the Buxom stick is the most affordable of the bunch, there's no way I'm shelling out $59 on the Dior quint no matter how gorgeous it is, it's not in my nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment