Monday, June 13, 2011

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash

Hey guys! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather, I know I am. As usual I'm wearing the best and brightest makeup, even to the beach, sticking to the shade as to not scorch my skin in this heat.

This week I'm trying out Make Up For Ever's Smoky Lash just for you! I say that like it's a hardship but I assure you it's not, far from it. I'm loving the way this mascara looks whether I'm wearing bare lids (oops, I forgot to pack a new shadow in my makeup bag so I had to go without) or the bright blue of NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Pacific, a gorgeous purple leaning blue that I'm loving, but more about that later. Let's get down to the good stuff, the mascara!

First of all I think this is one of the darkest mascaras I've ever used, smoky indeed. In ONE coat my lashes are black, not some muddy mix of my light brown lashes and light black mascara but deep dark black, one coat ladies! If that doesn't make this one a keeper, I don't know what does. My lashes were also volumized, lengthened and curled. That alone is worth the $22 price tag. This mascara is perfect for everyday but also great for special occasions and I love that!

This Sephora exclusive mascara has a fiber brush (no rubber bristles here) that really grabs the lash and deposits color. My only gripe about this product is the microscopic clumps it leaves upon application, making it nearly impossible to do the bottom lashes gracefully. We're talking teeny tiny bumps, not spider lashes or huge globs and the other benefits outweigh these. If you're going for an intense look you wouldn't even need to do anything, if you wanted a lighter look I could see using a lash comb for separation.

For those that just cant visit the water without taking a dip Aqua Smoky Lash is the answer to your prayers! Just thank me in your Glamour Award acceptance speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment