Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Covergirl Intense ShadowBlast

*Heavy Breathing* You'll have to excuse me, I was just doing victory laps around my house. I'm so excited that it's all I can do not to scream. My favorite eyecolor formula is finally coming mass-market, that's right Covergirl is launching Intense ShadowBlast, a cream formula in a tube with a doe-foot applicator in drugstores now!

I can't contain my excitement. I've been waiting for this. The formula had a huge presence back in the early 2000's and I swear I bought every shade imaginable from every brand out there. Years later I found one stuffed in the back of my eyeshadow drawer and decided to try it out. Bad idea, a chemical burn on the eyelid is never pleasant as the product in question gave me just that. Since that moment I've been searching for a replacement most recently with Clinique's Quick Eyes in Rock Violet. While I love the formula I like being able to see the colors in person before I buy them and without a Clinique anywhere around me I'm just not willing to shell out $15.50. While I haven't seen the prices for the CG line I'm sure it will be significantly less.

The best part about Intense ShadowBlast is it has primer built right in, perfect if you're on the go, plus, they're waterproof. I think these would make the perfect traveling companion and they're great for a day at the beach or to stash in your desk at work for a quick pick me up. Since the formula is semi-opaque colors are mostly in the pastel range but how gorgeous does Drew look with those blue peepers? LOVE! The line also has a pale beige, platinum, pink, green and a pretty pigmented brown shade that I think would look lovely on everyone! As a pale girl I think I could conceivably rock all of these colors with no issue, although I find that pastel pinks and most shades of blue don't look right on me, I'd be willing to risk it to try out these shadows.

If you've tried these I need the 411. The reviews on Covergirl's website are phenomenal and with claims like "lasts all day" and "doesn't crease, no primer needed" I think these are just what the doctor ordered for a makeup shakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment