Friday, June 3, 2011

Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil in Blue Sky

It's not a big secret that I love cool tones on the eyes, even Matt seems to agree with me, as referenced in last weeks Dudesday Tuesday post. I'm forever in love with greens and purples on the eyes but find blue a little harder to work with on my particular skintone. I can't seem to pull of denim blue eyeshadow although I love blues with a green or purple leaning. I'm learning to experiment a little more and what better way than with a blue liner? I can go as subtle or as intense as I want, line just the top or just the bottom of my eyes or even color in my whole lid if I'm so inclined. I have a few great blue toned liners from Urban Decay but I was looking for something that was more of the pastel blue variety.

Elizabeth Arden's Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil in Sky Blue is so gorgeous that I couldn't not love it. It's a kohl pencil that finishes to a powdery perfection, mimicking the look of powder shadow used as liner. The clear periwinkle blue is so pretty and I can just imagine how great this will look with all eye colors, particularly the dark brown eyes I've always envied. It also comes with a smudge tip for the perfect rockstar smoked out liner that I love. At $16 it is a little pricey as far as my budget goes but it's comparable to other liners on the market.

Now if we could just have skies this blue for the rest of the summer I'd be a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment