Thursday, June 9, 2011

Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm in Guava



I'm in love with somebody, found some one who completes me. I'm in love with somebody, oh yeah, and it's not you! I love this song and Halestorm in general, hence the concert review and the Face-off Friday post dedicated to Lzzy Hale, lead singer for the band.

There's a product out there that I'm head over heels in love with, the "someone who completes me" if you will. On a recent trip to not one but two Ulta's and a Sephora I kept finding myself drawn back to Smashbox's Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm in Guava. I tried it on at the first Ulta but it got lost among all the products I tried on. I checked it out at Sephora, again loving it but not fully ready to commit. At the last stop of the day, the second Ulta, I put it on again, marvelling at how cute it was even though Matt thought it was a little bright. He's right, it is brighter than normal for me, but that was the point. I'm wishing I didn't listen to him and bought it anyway. I'm regretting it so badly. For that reason it's officially made "the list"- the wishlist that is. I'm hoping come the holidays or even for our 5 year wedding anniversary this summer, a certain someone will surprise me with it.

As for the product itself, I found it to be really fun. The marker style applicator gives me too bright of a color so what I did was apply it around the edge of my mouth and worked quickly to blend it over my lips, adding more where needed. Then I applied the balm at the other end and went on my merry way. The best part about this lip stain is that the gloss is colored and if you so wanted you could wear it on it's own for a sheer pop of color. Of course, if you're like me you're going to want to add gloss on top and I tell ya, it didn't effect the staying power one bit. This lasted well into the night on the drive 2 1/2 hour drive home and didn't feel dry or caked on like some other lip stains can. For $23 I want something that is going to stay on and look great for hours and this product really delivered. How's that for a first step into the bright lippie world?

No comments:

Post a Comment