Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beauty Girl's Secrets #14: Summer Fragrances: Part 2, Night

Some might say that fragrances cover up your natural scent and therefore detract your "perfect mate" from smelling your natural pheremones. Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap. Have you ever been truly attracted to a person's natural scent sans deodorant or soap like they are in the movies? No? Didn't think so. I say wear the fragrance you want but don't worry there are some man magnets out there. Here are the perfect summer date night scents for you.

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
This is one of those cult scents for a reason. Every time I get it as a sample in a magazine I can't stop sniffing it. Somehow it's very adult while still smelling sort of like a cupcake at the center surrounded by a field of flowers. Seriously, when reading magazines I keep smelling the scent and it literally lingers on my skin until I wash it off and all from a scent strip at that. I think this would be the perfect man attractor. It smells fabulous, grown up and fun all at the same time.

Kat Von D Adora
For night, or the office, I would really recommend Kat Von D Adora. When I was at Sephora I tried it on again and fell in love all over again. I swear it smells like tea, light and refreshing even with the heavier notes listed on the bottle. This is perfect for a more sophisticated woman due to the earthiness of the scent itself but it also is light enough for those of you still in high school or college. It's not overpowering and men probably won't realize the scent is even coming from you unless they are close enough to tell. *wink wink*

Chloe Love
Another great night choice that's a little heavier than some of the others but it would be perfect for a late dinner alfresco. I love the bottle for it's adorable flask-like quality and it's minimalistic design. This is one I'd want on my vanity. This one has powdery musks listed on the sephora site but I swear I'm not a fan of either powdery scents or musk but I still love this floral scent.

Two of my absolute favorites, and ones I personally own are Calvin Klein Euphoria and Armani Code. Both are stronger scents but they're perfect for date night year round. I can't see wearing these during the day in this kind of heat but as long as it cools down slightly before you head out I think you'll be safe. These would be perfect right after a thunderstorm and the strong scents remind me of just that.

What about you? What is your perfect date night fragrance? Does it vary from guy to guy or is it all about what you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment