Sunday, June 19, 2011

bareMinerals Skincare

It's been a long time since I've changed my skincare "routine." Granted I don't have some rigid, do this-do that type of plan, I've just used the same cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer for quite a while now. My current regime includes Philosophy Purity Made Simple for everyday cleansing, Philosophy MicroExfoliating Wash and sometimes Dermalogica Microfoliant for exfoliation and for moisture I alternate between L'Oreal Skin Genesis and various sunscreen-type products. Until now....

I'm dying to try the new line for bareMinerals a line that is chock full of RareMinerals ActiveSoil Complex a "groundbreaking new ingredient only available from bareMinerals that's clinically proven to deliver transformational skin benefits." That sounds pretty good to me. The line promises brighter, smoother, younger-looking skin, reduced fine lines and wrinkles and remarkably smaller-looking pores. Who couldn't use that?

My favorite part is the Dermalogica Microfoliant equivalent, a powder exfolitor that is activated with water to help chemically slough off dead skin and clear pores. bareMinerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser is for use ONLY on a wet skin or you risk serious chemical burns. You apply a tiny bit of powder to your face and rub in a circular motion and it leaves skin feeling buttery soft. It's so simple and very effective. The best part is at $26 it's significantly less than the $40 for a similar product and easy to add into any Sephora.com order.

This line is pretty extensive including many sets for different skintypes and needs as well as treatments for eyes and the Pure Transformation Night Treatment, a mineral based powder applied to skin at night to reveal healthier skin by morning. That's definitely second on my list although at $60 it is pretty pricey for me right now but the reviews make it sound more than wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment