Friday, June 17, 2011

Dior Summer Collection

Ever think you were born in the wrong place? I have that feeling daily. I'm from Maine, where the girls don't really wear makeup let alone obsess over it like I do. I mean we just got a Sephora last year, ditto for Ulta, and neither of them are close to me. I think I'm the only one who even knows what Sephora is in my circle of friends. I love my friends to death but one doesn't wear makeup unless physically forced and the another, well she's just so damn gorgeous she doesn't need to even though she's a master at application.

Well, that feeling has struck again, only this time it's been pushed into my conscious by the lovely Dior Electric Tropics Collection. It's so me that it's ridiculous even though I've never even touched a Dior makeup product (or clothing/shoe product for that matter, what is wrong with me?). I mean, Nude Summer Glow in Aurora, is pretty much the perfect bronzer for me, Casper the Albino Ghost, my self appointed nickname for the past two summers, since I decided to embrace the pale for the most part. That doesn't mean I don't want a little bit of healthy glow on my face but I refuse to let the sun do it for me, it does a pretty crappy job if you ask me. Freckles and redness do not a pretty girl make!


As if that gorgeous bronzer wasn't enough I'm oddly fascinated by the Nude Glow Healthy Summer Fluid. Basically, if I understand this correctly, it's a fluid that mimics the look of perfect skin. It comes in two shades, Rosy Nude and Rosy Tan, and Rosy Nude is calling my name like french fries to a fat kid. I'm dying to rub this on the high points of my face, on my collarbone, heck even in my cleavage for outside of the office fun.

Lastly, I don't think any makeup collection is complete without at least a gloss from every line that interests you and I think I found my Dior lemming; Addict Summer Glow in Sweet Peach. Even the name sounds delicious, the sheer peach shade would work on all skin colors and undertones and adds the perfect amount of color to a summer makeup look.

What do you think? Is Dior makeup worth the money? Is it as gorgeous in person as it is online? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment