Thursday, June 23, 2011

bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor


I hate to go negative on one of my (and everyone else's) favorite brands but I have to. I posted about Bare Escentuals products I wanted to try when I got my hands on a catalog and this product was on that list. In the interest of journalistic integrity I thought I'd give you an update now that I've gotten my paws on the product.

bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor is simply gorgeous and the idea is perfect but I should have known better. A few years back Victoria's Secret had a Beauty Rush eyeshaow that came in a little tub with a spongetipped applicator. I loved those things. The only trouble was they made a mess. These grown up versions are no different. Sure, you can just wipe away the crumbles in theory but try that when you're trying on a dark blue shade.

I'm not the type of girl who has the patience to do her eye makeup first. I just can't. What if the look is too bright once I've evened out my skintone? I like to do my eyes after my foundation and cheeks are already on. So imagine my surprise when two tiny little flecks of this product landed on my cheek. I did what any normal person would do, I brushed them off. Only, they didn't come off. I was left looking like I got beat up by an elephant with a black eye. If I were doing my makeup at home I would have needed to start from scratch, luckily I was only playing around at Ulta.

I totally warned you that I was a klutz when it came to loose powder makeup but I think we're all going to have the same problem since too much makeup comes out on the applicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment