Saturday, June 4, 2011

Clarin's Sun Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30

I'm so proud of myself, not once this week have I gone out without sun protection on my face. Of course, I need to get better about applying sunscreen to my body but one thing at a time is all I can handle. As I write this I'm sitting on my porch enjoying the wireless internet without an sun protection on my body. Well, at least it's evening and the sun has started to go down. Small steps, people, small steps.

What do I have on my face you might ask? Clarin's Sun Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 30, a deluxe sample I acquired some time ago but never got around to using. Now it's going right in my computer bag (yes I travel with my laptop at all times, I even bring it to the beach with me, what can I say, I'm a writer). While I wouldn't wear this on a daily basis the little tube is perfect for those days when I forget SPF or when I stay longer than I intended to at the park or beach.

I haven't really tried too many Clarin's products though I'm not really sure why. Call it an oversight. I have a few gripes about this one however. First off it's lavender scented which might be great for some people but I can't stand the smell. It's really strong too and given that natural lavender makes me sneeze like pepper to the nostril I probably should avoid it. If you like the scent you'll want to get this ASAP, it lingers on the skin for about an hour or so then is nearly undetectable. Once it wore off I was fine.

Secondly, I wish the SPF was higher. As a fair girl I need more than SPF 30, even in moisturizer and foundation I seek out higher concentrations. Also, this cream is a little thicker and therefore you have to check in the mirror to make sure you're not sporting the zinc white nose of SPFs past. It mostly rubbed in with little help but once it started to dry (and on drier areas of the face) I had a little difficulty getting it invisible.

Thirdly, it's really out of my price range. For $30 I could buy three 8oz bottles of my regular Neutrogena instead of this one paltry 2.7 ozer.

I know that sounds like an awful lot wrong with the product but really the way it makes my skin feel like silk and the fact that my makeup went on like a dream really redeems this product in my eyes. And speaking of eyes, I had zero instance of running into my eyes or irritating them in any way which is a huge plus to me. Like I said, I wouldn't use it daily and for that reason I won't be purchasing a bottle myself when this one runs out. I like trying new things too much to buy something I didn't absolutely love.

So tell me, what's your favorite facial SPF? Give me some recommendations. By the way I'm fine with scent and prefer it actually just not lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment