Thursday, June 9, 2011

Butter London Nail Laquer in Jaffa and MacBeth

While at Ulta I couldn't resist trying out two gorgeous corally-pink nail polishes from Butter London. While I would admit these were out of my pricerange they very well might be worth it for the unique colors and great wear of the line. Also, it's a little fun to be a badass sometimes and trying on nail polishes covertly seems like a game we all play at some point. The girl next to me was doing it, I had to do it too. *Shame on me*


Jaffa is a beautiful pure coral, no more pink or orange leaning, just straight up coral. The non-shimmery formula applied like a dream and was opaque in one coat. I do have to say I don't really enjoy the brush or brush handle though. I found both hard to use but that could be because I was applying on the sly.

MacBeth is a slightly darker, watermelon-y color. In photos these two might seem similar but they are entirely different on the nail. This is a much more pink light red and it looks fabulous on my skin, much more flattering than I would have expected of such a bright color. Again, it was opaque in one coat and looked good through day 5 (as I walk around with 6 different nail colors and 4 bare nails)!

Have you tried Butter nail laquers? Although I don't have a lot of experience with them I do have to say they are pretty fabulous, even if they do cost double the price I finally allowed myself to pay for nail polish. They are "3 free", in fact, that's the name of the nail polishes when you search for them. I didn't see these particular colors on the Butter London site but I found them easily at Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment