Monday, June 6, 2011

MTV Movie Awards: The Good

I love when the award show red carpet it more informal than say the Grammys or Oscars. It's a lot of fun to see girl's dressed down, almost accessible to us, though still more glamorous. Every time I watch the MTV Movie Awards I think back years and years ago to the Lord of the Rings Parody with the ring and it makes me laugh. This year I didn't see the awards but I have my eyes peeled for red carpet looks online. Let's take a look at The Good.

Blake Lively has to be #1 of the night. I love jewel tones on every skin and hair color and Blake doesn't disappoint.. I love the cutout near the underarm and her purple Loubies. I would never dare to wear "clashing" shoes and dress but Blake does it lovely *hehe*.

Elle Fanning is adorable in her romper. I love the color and the pattern on her and I love the legband that keeps her from becoming indecent in a wardrobe malfunction. The shoes are cute and age appropriate. This is how young girls should look, not like mini hookers like we sometimes see.

Emma Watson has really stepped her game up lately and I'm enjoying waiting to see what she's going to wear next. I know many people love her pixie but I'm so glad she's growing it out and seems to be sporting a lighter hair color. This dress is fabulous and lots of fun while still looking professional on the red carpet. Those silver heels are sexy as hell!

I'm so loving Kristen Stewart's look last night. Red leather, pins and needles! Hot! I think there was even a picture of K-Stew SMILING! Miracle! Look at those legs, if mine looked like that I'd be rocking a mini and sky high heels too. I love her casual cute hair, the volume is bombshell, Victoria's Secret-like hair.

Leighton Meester looks beatiful in her silver mini dress. I would like to see the look with no sleeves rather than the somewhat baggy long sleeves she wore but it evens out the proportions with such a short skirt. I love how her strappy sandals echo the swirl pattern on her dress. I adore details like that.

I always when lovely girls wear lovely dresses. Lily Collins is so cute and her outfit is just ferosh. I want those shoes and even though I wouldn't have thought to pare them with a dress I have to say they look awesome. The length of the dress is perfect, not too short but short enough to be sexy. I can't wait to see what Lily does next!

Another girl rocking animal print, Rosie Huntington-Whitely looks phenomenal. Her tiger stripes are bold but the shape and length are more subdued. The high neckline is the perfect counterpart to the bold pattern. I went crazy when I noticed how perfectly the tan strap on her amazing shoes matches her killer tan.

Even though I didn't watch the show I've heard lots about Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis' presentation. I had to laugh. Hey! At least they're both single now that they're out of seriously long term relationships! Mila's been killing it with her fashion lately, since Black Swan. Her legs look amazing in this silver mini, the black top balancing out the look and making it a completely comfy look. I'm totally loving her stick straight glossy locks!

This Just Jared shot of Amanda Bynes had me puzzled for a second. I know she's not retired anymore but did she do a movie this year? Doesn't matter I've loved her since she quit her eponymous TV show. Can I just say I hated The Amanda Show, she bothered the heck out of me? Now I love her in everything I've seen her in lately, namely Easy A with Emma Stone. This girl is THE Queen of Herve, she wears it all the time and rocks it every time. I've seen those Louboutins all over the place but I love them with this dress. I'd be so scared of the fringe would get caught under my heel, looks like Amanda didn't have that problem. Someday I'd love to see Amanda with her hair up, she never seems to do that.

What do you think? I'm sure there are a lot of people I didn't notice since I'm not cool enough to have MTV. I feel so out of touch with the world not having cable in this day and age. Tell me your favorites in the comments and check back tomorrow to see my Bad and Ugly lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment