Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Nails: Maybelline Colorama in Black Magic with Swatches

It's that time of year again, Halloween. I've never been much into the holiday and I happened to have married a man who's birthday is November 1st, so he's not into it either. It's no fun to have your birthday overshadowed by a holiday and you can trust me on that one and mine's only memorial day. I've never been big into dressing up and this year I decided to add a little festive-ness to my attire by sporting fun nail colors. Yesterday I showed you Color Club Limelight and today I wanted to share with you Maybelline Colorama in Black Magic. This line has been discontinued but that's a shame because Black Magic is super sexy. If I'm going to go black (which I do very rarely) I want it to be black black and this one is. There is no shimmer and it doesn't look dull or gray, as a matter of fact one coat will do you, I promise. I also love the small bottle size since there is no chance in hell I will ever finish one as large as the regular OPI size.

I'm not a huge fan of dark polishes on me, I just don't like them at this point in my life. I always gravitate towards bright colors, especially for my toes. This year since I was in a Halloween-y mood I went for it on my tootsies. Take a look.




PS-The third picture was a finger swatch I did a while ago, you'll be seeing more of those in the coming weeks as I post my nail posts from the summer that never made it to the blog.

I have no complaints about the wear of this one but I will let you know if anything changes.

3 comments:

  1. The most awesome makeup always gets discontinued :( that's too bad! I love wearing black especially on my nails... it's lovely!! :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like maybelline colorama...
    its just that i don't know how to put nail polish properly thats why black nail polish for me is really messy... =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tintin- My best advice is to practice, practice, practice. It's always fun to try out new colors and if it doesn't come out right who cares, you're always getting better. You can also apply cuticle oil around the nail edges just make sure to use nail polish remover on the actual nails right before you apply. It helps keep you inside the lines!

    ReplyDelete