Monday, October 10, 2011

My Essentials Monday: Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline with Swatches

You might remember in my Nails Inc post that I mentioned I'm in love with holographic polish, well that fascination started a long time ago with the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms line. I remember seeing ads for it in just about every magazine I read back in 2002. I was 17 so I was reading Seventeen, CosmoGirl, Teen Magazine and YM as well as my beloved Cosmo and Glamour (did you know I've collected every issue of both Cosmopolitan and Glamour since 2003? Oh yeah, now you do!). These nail polish ads were everywhere. They showed you both the color you'd normally see and the color that the holograph would reflect back at you. I think with most of them you have two main colors but you always get a rainbow hologram as well. So pretty.

Today I'm going to show you Golden Tourmaline. Tourmaline is a semi-precious stone that's actually really popular in Maine, the first state where it was mined back in 1822. Since Maine Tourmaline is usually a strawberry pink-red color I thought it was appropriate to mention with these swatches. Take a look...

Sorry for the peeling paint, this one is getting up there in age.





I popped this color on quickly over last weeks Sinful Colors in Boogie Nights but the color is definitely still true to Golden Tourmaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment