Sunday, October 23, 2011

Urban Decay Mariposa Palette


It's that time of year again. The days are getting shorter and here in the Northeast it's starting to get cold. It seems like every day is dark and dreary and it's starting to get to me already. The dank and drenched weather not only makes it impossible to enjoy being outside but it brings in darkness at 6:00. You know the only way to spin this into a positive right? Yeah, because it's night time earlier you can bring out your night makeup before dinner.

Urban Decay always catches my eye with their palettes but the Mariposa Palette is beyond words. These colors are anything but dreary. Many of them are dark but they're not a collection of blackened colors, they are also bright. I think browns and grays are my favorite colors to wear on my eyes at night and this palette has lots of them, not to mention beautiful shades of pink-purple, smoky blue and plum. I could see this palette taking you all the way through the winter. Imagine the possibilities.

It's $39 for 10 shades of shadow and a travel brush all packed into an adorable tin case adorned with a butterfly. I could see myself keeping the tin on display in my living room but I'm a dork like that. Pick it up only at Sephora for a limited time.

1 comment:

  1. Omg I so want this palette!! The package is awesome. I love the designs! It's so cute and holds many lovely colours :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete