Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads and Hourglass Solar Tan Self-Tanning Primer

Over the past couple of weeks it's been tradition to talk about self tanners on Sunday, I could call it Self Tanner Sunday! Today I have two really innovative products that I would definitely love to give a try.


First up is Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads. Has everyone tried Alpha Beta Peels by Dr. Dennis Gross? OMG they are seriously the most amazing thing to happen to skin in a long time. You swipe one pad over your face to exfoliate chemically and another to neutralize the solution and prevent irritation. Your face is left feeling baby bottom soft and with the Glow version you're left with a self tan. Sounds amazing to me. Skincare + a nice SAFE tan, what more could you ask for. I do find these to be exorbitantly priced at $32/20 but there is also an $18 pack of ten now available and they definitely do make your skin feel amazing.


The second product is one that I find COMPLETELY genius. You probably know how much of a fan of makeup primers I am, I completely love them. Though I mainly use them for special occasions where I need my makeup to last all day, they are perfect for the summer. They keep foundation in place and prevent your face from melting off in the sweltering heat.

Hourglass somehow found a way to make primers even better with Solar Tan Self-Tan Primer. This $60 primer is expensive as hell but it acts as a self tanner for the face. I know good self tanners are hard to come by, especially for delicate facial skin. You can't go too dark too quickly and you can't have anything that is going to clog the pores or make you break out. I think Hourglass is onto something with this one. If you work somewhere that requires you to deal with the public and you're working long hours you should probably wear a primer to begin with so why not add a little color to your face throughout your workday? It promises to leave your face moisturized with glycerin and vitamins A & E. What more could you ask for? Plus, it does it all with less odor than typical self tanners.

No comments:

Post a Comment