Monday, August 29, 2011

Mascara Monday Wrap Up: Part 2 10-20


Ahhh, week 2 of Mascara Monday wrap up. I hadn't realized that I'd tried (and reviewed) so many different mascaras but it looks like we're going to have a Part 3 next week. In that post I'll give you my TOP 5 and my BOTTOM 5 as well as regular wrap ups on the few that we haven't already covered. Again, the first link is to my review, second link is where you can purchase!

Laura Mercier is a brand that I haven't had much experience with but the Full Blown Mascara is amazing. I probably wouldn't shell out $24 to purchase this one again but I did love the way it worked for me. There's the perfect amount of product on the wand to leave my lashes long and lush and not clump city but still subtle enough for the faint at heart. B for this one!

I've always been curious about tube mascara formulas but I never ventured out of my comfort zone to try one until Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. Another $24 full size, I think it's a little too pricey for its capabilities. This mascara took a long time to try, easily making a mess if I was in a hurry and I didn't notice enough of a difference in it's waterproofing abilities to spend that kind of moolah. This one gets a C.

I didn't have high hopes for Sephora Advanced Lash Booster, come on it's the Sephora house brand. I was wrong. A very versatile mascara I love this one for every day use and multiple coats for special occasions. At $12 it's not out of my price range and I'd definitely but it again. This makes my TOP 5. Grade= A-.

Benefit BADgal Plum- Although I already reviewed Benefit BADgal Lash, I reviewed the plum version as well. BADgal Lash is one of my TOP 5 overall but I was a little disappointed by the "plum" color of this one, I found it to be more maroon than purple, not flattering on me and probably not the best for anyone. This isn't where I would start if you're looking for a colored mascara, check out CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe, it's more subtle and affordable. This is a straight up C student!

Rimmel Max Bold Curves (green tube)- As I've said before I'd previously had great luck with Rimmel mascaras, they were my go-to before I got into "big girl" makeup from Sephora. While Bold Curves is a good mascara it's not one of the best, not even at the drugstore. It gives small clumps, liveable but you probably don't need to put up with that. You get too much product with one pump so I passed this one onto my mother because I have enough of these mini tubes of mascara to last me a lifetime, I'll pass. I'd give this product a C-.

Hourglass is another brand that I haven't had much (okay, any) experience with but should get acquainted with but if Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara is any indication I might pass. I can't get over the $28 I'd have to plunk down for this one. I can't do it. Not only that but this one's not black-black, it's too light and that's not okay with moi. Grade= D+.

I love Tarte! Not only are they a "green" company but they have some amazing products that you would never know were environmentally friendly and that is really important to me. I like to do my part for the planet, I recycle, only drive when I need to, limit my water use, all that good stuff but I will NOT sacrifice my beauty routine for a product that doesn't work. Luckily, I don't have that problem with Tarte. If you're looking for a natural mascara definitely look into them and you should probably start with MultiplEYE. You can pick it up at Sephora for $24, more than I would probably spend on something but if you need it to be natural this is the best! For me, not taking the green-ness into consideration I would give this a B-.

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash- I think this is the darkest mascara I've ever used that's amazing to me. I love it dark! $22 seems a little steep for this Beauty Girl but I think I could deal with it for the quality of this one. Smoky Lash is easy, breezy for casual days but it can be dramatic if provoked!

Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender- Back before I'd ever heard of Sephora I was still a makeupaholic. I practically lived in the makeup aisle of the big box store where I worked at the time. Back then my favorite mascara was Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender. This was also back before I read blogs but I did see it mentioned on one of my favorites years after I'd moved on to a new love with LashBlast. I don't usually see this one on shelves anymore but it is still available. I love that it gives amazing length without the clumps. If you're into length over volume check this one out, even though I get decent volume from it as well. Grade (to the best of my memory) B!

Last but certainly not least Buxom Aplified Lash. I haven't given this one a whirl but it's at the top of my list. The brush on this is adjustable, how can you beat that? One day you can be subtle and the next? FULL ON ROCKSTAR! Even though I haven't tried this one I'm anticipating it so highly that it nearly makes the TOP 5 but I wouldn't do that to you. No grade for this puppy since I haven't given it the full DOC whirl YET!

Check back next week for Part III, the last few overviews as well as my Snark-tastic BOTTOM 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment