Monday, May 2, 2011

Blinc Kiss Me Mascara


First let me preface this by saying that I didn't give this the full battery test, I didn't cry while I had this mascara on but I'd say that's a good thing. If I'd been testing it at the same time I'm writing this post, that might be another story. As we speak my mom is undergoing heart bypass surgery and I've been a nervous wreck and blogging is the only thing that can keep my mind off everything. Even though I'm generally a crier I've been pretty calm under the circumstances, a blessing and a curse. Also today (the day this post goes live) I'd like to say happy 50th birthday to my daddy, who will probably never read this but that's okay!

Blinc Kiss Me Mascara is the first tube mascara I've tried and honestly I don't see that much of a difference. The technology is meant to wrap a waterproof tube around each individual lash that only budges with only abundant water, not a little rain or perspiration. My lashes felt drier to the touch but not in the brittle way, just slightly noticeable. Another thing I must say is that I noticed quite a bit of drying time with this mascara, as in blink a few times and you'd most likely end up with marks on your eyelid, not a deal breaker but annoying all the same.

As usual my requirements are a dark black, long wear and no smearing or flaking. This mascara was great in all those areas. A noticeably dark black that was still present by the end of the day with literally no smearing or flaking, a major claim of the brand. I imagine this mascara would be great for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers and Sephora also points out that it's great for athletes which means equally good for those summer days at the beach.

While this mascara is a little out of my price range it might be nice when I gradually work into that running regime I've been contemplating for years. Overall though I don't think I saw enough of a difference to shell out, I'll save that money for some new running pants and a vacation to use them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment