Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Fashion Finds

Do you know by now how much I hate winter? I probably say it every day between late October and early April, the six month winter we have here in Maine. Not only is the weather outside nasty, my skin and hair a hot mess, and cabin fever in full effect but I'm stuck wearing pants, sweatshirts and *gasp* socks! It truly is just starting to warm up here in New England but I've been wearing flip flops for weeks now, ready for the days I can start wearing capris and skirts. What better way to inspire us all then to look at the celebrities we love for inspiration.

This image of Hayden Panettiere screams springtime to me, from the mint green Vena Cava dress, summery makeup to those fabulous nude YSL strappy platforms. I'd live in this dress if the weather (and my figure) would allow it.

This nude Victoria Beckham creation on Minka Kelly lends itself perfectly to summer weddings. I love how she punched it up with red pumps but personally, for my personality and coloring, I would have gone with lilac or hot pink.

While I'm not one for prim and proper, if I was, I'd be wearing this gorgeous sky blue tweed dress from Chanel seen on Emma Roberts. Chanel's known for their fabulous tweeds and this is no exception with the added fun-factor of fringe and feathers.

If you're into pants, what better way to spring-ify your wardrobe than pastel jeans? Rachel Bilson does it best in blush pink J Brand jeans and those gorgeous butter yellow Charlotte Olympia heels. Colored jeans are all the rage for spring and I've been dying for a gray pair for years now.

What rocker girl's wardrobe is complete without a leather dress? Not just any leather dress, coral leather like Malin Akerman. It really speaks to me on a weird level. I have no idea if I'd be ballsy enough to pull off this J. Mendel asymmetrical dress but it's gorgeous none-the-less.

In another shade of orange I'm not quite daring enough to wear, Katharine McPhee rocks this orange asymmetrical, one shoulder dress. I love the silver strappy heels as accent, not too stuffy or heavy for such a springy outfit.

In another Victoria Beckham dress, Camilla Belle looks flawless and has me imagining summer dates and dining alfresco. This is something I could pull off and to spice things up a little I'd even add a fun pop of color with some sexy shoes.

Last but not least, we cannot forget the feet and I've been lusting after these Yves Saint Laurent Gipsy platforms for a while. Just the pop of purple had me at hello. I love me some purple, purple anything. The rest of the shoe is neutral enough for any occasion. J'dore. I could see rocking these with a royal purple pedicure.

How about you? What are you most looking forward to wearing this spring and summer, I mean besides that sexy new bikini? That part I'm not looking forward to as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment