Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cosmo Covergirl Hayley Williams


As a rock chick through and through I was beyond excited when I saw Hayley Williams of Paramore on the cover of Cosmopolitan at the newsstands. It was almost too much to take as I waited for it to arrive in my mailbox. Her always bright red hair looks even more amazing with a Cosmo makeover, a little more refined and less rough and tumble. I adore her makeup and think it looks great without sacrificing some of her edge. Even if I wasn't a Cosmo subscriber (or reader for that matter) I would've had to have this magazine. The graphic blue and red cover is gorgeous and just screams summer beach read, even though here in the northeast it's far too early for that.

Originally signed to be a pop singer at age 13, 22 year old Hayley held out to bring her bandmates along for the ride and eventually went Plantinum with the band's second album Riot! and played on the Warped Tour. After much controversy and band changes as late as December of last year Paramore is still very much a work in progress. Even with success as a solo artist, recording Airplanes with B.o.B. and Teenagers for the Jennifer's Body soundtrack, Hayley says she's not interested in being a solo artist. As recently as March 21 the band has started work on their new album due later this year or early next. I can't wait to hear it.

What do you think? Check out this video and tell me you don't love Hayley, I dare ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment