Friday, April 8, 2011

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Body Mists


You know I'm a fan of fruity scents, passing up flowers (for the most part) in favor of sweet fruity goodness. I wish I could say my eating habits were the same and I passed up the chips and candy for fruits, but that is another story entirely.

One of the best fruity scent lines on the market comes from none other than Victoria's Secret. Back in November I posted all about the models that I love (still do, the most beautiful women on the planet) but now I wanted to share my love of the products with you, starting with Beauty Rush Body Mists.

The first thing you will notice about these scents is the separation in the bottle. Take a close look and you will see the bottom of the bottle is clear liquid and the top is colored. Shake them up and the oily substance mixes with the fragrant colored liquid and what you get is intense moisture and a superior fruity scent. As a note, I highly recommend spraying these on skin and allowing to dry before getting dressed, I ruined one of my favorite shirts by spraying directly on it with one of these. The oily residue reads like a body oil but the fragrance makes it last all day. I've been known to rub these into my skin post-shower in lieu of my rarely used lotion.

Beauty Rush Body Mists are very sweet so if you're looking for something more subtle, I would go for the fruitier scents from the Secret Garden Collection by Victoria's Secret. There are a lot of yummy fruit based scents in that line as well but they're more wearable for the over 20 set. These fruity scents are perfect for a day at the beach or for hanging out with friends but if you're over 25 (as I unfortunately will be in less than 2 months) you may want something more sophisticated for other occasions.

Currently, I'm not finding them on the Victoria's Secret website but that doesn't mean they won't be back or aren't available in stores. They usually retail for $8-$9 but frequently (if not always) they're on sale for 3/$25, a great deal if you love them as much as me. Also, around the holidays, for special collections and seasonal shifts, they are available in smaller bottles or part of a collection with a lipgloss or lotion from the line. Check the displays near the registers for tiny bottles of many VS scents. The 7ml spray Coconut Craze mini spray bottle I got with a matching lipgloss travels with me. It smells exactly like tanning lotion, which we all know is horrible for our skin with it's measly SPF 4. When I was younger my best friend and I would slather ourselves in SPF 45 and then layer on a light coat of tanning oil just for the smell, now I don't have to.

I can't be the only 25 (nearly 26) year old out there who loves these body mists, I just can't be. Tell me, do you love these too? What's your favorite scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment