Monday, April 18, 2011

Lancome Definicils Mascara

It seems like all I do is rag on mascaras on Mascara Mondays lately but I've been utterly disappointed. I'm easy to please, I love everything from CoverGirl LashBlast, to Buxom Lash to Korres Abyssinia Oil Mascara and many in between. It's easy to win me over, there are few requirements. I insist that you be black when you claim to be, don't weigh down my eyes upon application, have good wear time and actually look good on my lashes, all of which this mascara failed to do. I'm so easy to please that I don't care if I have lengthening or volumizing, either works for me, and I don't care if it's easy to remove, I'm too in the moment for that. I'd rather work at taking it off or ignore that aspect altogether.

I don't always wear black mascara, I've been known to sport green, blue, purple, the occasional plum, it's fun and different without screaming "I'm different." I draw the line at gray. This mascara claimed to be black but appeared charcoal on my lashes which did absolutely nothing for me. My lashes aren't pale so perhaps it would work on someone with light lashes, mine are dark brown but not amazingly pigmented. It's available in deep black but how was I supposed to know that? I don't expect anything that claims to be black to actually show up gray on my lashes, no way.

Also, this mascara really weighed down my lashes and had a heavy clumpy look. I'll admit I use more than one coat but who doesn't. I like to layer it on and I don't usually have a problem with the amount of mascara I wear. With this particular one I couldn't even run a lash comb through it after, it was a clumped mess. Plus, look at that brush, it really has nothing going for it, very thin, sporadic spacing. Nah, I'll pass.

For $25 I could buy 4 tubes of LashBlast or a tube of Buxom Lash and a mini BADgal lash and be completely satisfied for months and months. This just didn't live up to the hype. I can't go there. I'll spend my money on a color product for my eye, a blush or a foundation but when it comes to mascara there are many better and cheaper options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment