Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Academy of Country Music Awards

If you know me, and by now I bet you're all getting to know me, you know I'm a rock girl. As time goes on I'll be featuring more and more music related posts, my other drug of choice, if you will. However, I am an equal opportunity beauty blogger and I'm more than happy to show you looks from the Academy of Country Music Awards, just because I don't enjoy the music doesn't mean I don't enjoy the beauty at this award show. Let's look at short dresses first.

Brooklyn Decker wowed in blush pink Victoria Beckham. This is what a model's body should look like, this is a figure I'd want to have and she perefectly showcased it in this form fitting dress. No wonder she's a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover model!

Nicole Kidman shocked me when she wore leather and fur to the awards. Of course, it's L'Wren Scott, her longtime collaborator for red carpet looks. Nicole looks flawless and I love her new playful side. The snakeskin-like texture on this dress gave it another layer altogether.

Reese Witherspoon went with a black tulle Marchesa frock. It's a little more complex than I'm used to seeing on normally reserved Reese and I like it but I'm not sure that she does. In every single picture of her from the event except for those of her presenting with Robert Pattinson, she looks utterly uncomfortable. Maybe she should stick with what she knows.

I was completely baffled when pictures of Rihanna kept popping up as I searched for the ACM dresses. What the heck she's doing there, I'm not sure, but I'll go with it. She look completely beautiful in a fringed Versace white dress. It's more demure than her normal looks and I quite like it. What about you?

On the longer dress side we have Carrie Underwood in Jean Fares. I love this shade of purple and it's probably the color I'd wear if I were ever to show up on a red carpet somewhere, so keep your eye out for me hehe! The details just up the ante and make this one of the best dresses I've ever seen on Carrie.

Julianne Hough in Randi Rahm was probably my favorite look of the night. I adore the color, the halter neckline, the completely backless aspect and the subtle tone-on-tone pattern. Her flirty bouffant and matching coral-peach lips are amazing. I want that lippie.

This year Taylor Swift rocked a gorgeous butter yellow Elie Saab gown with a beautiful intricate train. The color looks great on her and I'm loving the vintage feel, open back and pretty pattern. Her more relaxed ringlets really lend themselves well to the old-school feel of the dress.

Tell me, are you a country music fan and if so did you catch the awards?

No comments:

Post a Comment